The Muse

The sheer variety of symbols and artefacts in use across the ages and geographies does not necessarily point to a multitude of assumptions and values from which they spring. The study of mythology and folklore then, is a reverse approach to anthropology. This blog is dedicated to my favourite symbols, tales and artefacts - both ancient and contemporary.

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Dialogy... KPJ

Well, one learns something every day. So here's an excerpt from KPJ's reply.


karan.p.jani: well
  first I added that link on facebook so that entire world can read! :d
  specially the ones who know me!
 me: m honoured
22:56 karan.p.jani: I am pretty sure hardly anyone understood it as the article was too technical
 me: was it?
 karan.p.jani: I followed it only because
 me: u asked for it
 karan.p.jani: a) I was interested to know what you wanted to say
22:57 b) Because I am reading Sartre et al. which are much much more complicated then this!
 me: ah! of course!
 karan.p.jani: but I like the way you proceeded your argument
 me: he argues otherwise?
 karan.p.jani: the rational logical argument approach!
  no its hard to understand first of all what is he arguing for!
22:58 me: hahaha
 karan.p.jani: nevertheless coming back to the blog
 me: ya
 karan.p.jani: my honest opinion
  let me first write it completely
  and then you reply
 me: ok
22:59 karan.p.jani: I found your language usage different then your regular tone
  your arguments were true
  but for some unknown reason it wasn't you
  it wasn't your thoughts
  as if it was a mosaic
  of other people's thoughts
23:00 I know that you once said me
  "Man is the most unoriginal creature"
  and I agree with that
  but your "human" part was missing in the argument
23:01 you were logical, rational, might be even scientifically accurate but you weren't Ishitia
  I read it and was admired that you took the effort to write a whole blog for me
23:02 but I am sure if we had a conversation the argument would have proceeded in a different way
  like you could have created examples and situations that would have been sufficient for me to get the direction
  well... sorry if you felt disappointed but I really dont intend to hurt you
23:03 it was a friendly critique
 me: not at all
 karan.p.jani: thats it!
  now shoot!
 me: u are a very fine observer
23:04 and m not disappointed

No comments: